Thursday, May 29, 2008

Only One Day Left!



You're down to 36 hours, dear readers, to "Show Us Your Denim!" That's right, the submissions are flying in fast and furious, but there's always room for more. Look, you don't have to shred a pair of jeans (yes, those were pants at one time) like Martin Margiela did for his Maison Martin Margiela Spring 2008 RTW line, right, you just have to take the denim and make it your own.

All entries must be received by midnight on Friday, May 2nd. The voting will occur during Goodwill Industries Week, May 5th - 8th, and the winner will be announced on Friday, May 9th. And the prizes (yes, that's plural) are really fantastic. I can't say exactly how fantastic they are, but trust me...you're gonna love it.

Oh, and the Levi's denim drive is still going on, too, in select markets around the country. Can't wait to see what we get from that.

Oh, and the Goodwill Good Buys of the Week are up and running on shopgoodwill.com. If you want the direct links, check out the comments section of Tuesday's blog.

Oh, and speaking of Goodwill Industries Week, next week's blogs are going to be jam-packed with fun fashion and historical info about Goodwill that you probably never knew before. I have trivia. I have pictures (Like the one to the right. Remember when we all wanted perms?). I have an exclusive interview. I have special announcements. I have great outfits to post. I have confidence in sunshine. I have confidence in rain. Sound of Music? Anybody? Anybody?

Anyway, uh, yes, where was I? Oh, right. Next week's a big week for us at Goodwill of Greater Washington and I want to share some of that with you, my dear readers, who make this blog so fantastic.

So if you haven't yet, hie it to your local Goodwill, get yourself some denim, impress with with your customization skills, and send pictures to fashion@dcgoodwill.org.

I can't wait to see what you can do!


No comments: