Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Radness of Rad



Radhouraninyc



I rarely get intimidated by labels in the way that some people might say so-and-so is not wearable or they're too niche. Those that push the boundaries and go for the risque will eternally intrigue me. However, there are those that have a 'cool air' about them that will make me think 'Oooh-er....me thinks I'm just not cool enough for this...'. Rad Hourani is one of those designers. Of course, the fact that Rad's work had the 'cool' is no bad thing. His AW08-9 collection (shown in New York) which like his debut SS08 one in Paris shows that he is intent on sticking to a signature and being forceful with it. It's an aesthetic that isn't going to be everyone's taste but having Rad Hourani isn't an 'everyman's' sort of designer. Leather, a strict palette, skinny legs, volume that is not for frou-frou purposes but for creating sharp shapes and fine detailing.



Immediately, certain bloggers come to mind but niche style aside, for the schizophrenic stylees such as myself, I'd be eager to take apart the very specific silhouettes that Rad has beautifully created and translate the pieces into something that is a little less 'cool'... only coz I never had the 'cool' to begin with...



Radaw089



No comments: